An estimated 10,000 American citizens are still in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan following Joe Biden’s botched US troop withdrawal.
During Joe Biden’s speech regarding his disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal that has resulted in a humanitarian crisis and a violent Taliban takeover of the functions of what was once a democratic government, he said “over the coming days, we intend to transport out thousands of American citizens. Who’ve been living and working in Afghanistan,” as they are in grave danger due to the ongoing violent Taliban takeover. That number has now been estimated to be 10,000 American citizens, according to the Washington Post.
WOW — look at the scene outside of the Kabul airport! Keep in mind there are still an estimated 10,000 Americans in Afghanistan (WaPo)… https://t.co/VCEVOh1w0w
— Kayleigh McEnany (@kayleighmcenany) August 17, 2021
In order to retrieve these American citizens, Biden has deployed an additional 6,000 US troops in Afghanistan. “I was asked to authorize and I did 6,000 US troops to deploy to Afghanistan for the purpose of assisting the departure of US and allied civilian personnel from Afghanistan, and to evacuate our Afghan allies and vulnerable Afghans to safety outside of Afghanistan, our troops are working to secure the airfield and ensure continued operation of both the civilian and military flights we’re taking over our traffic control,” Biden said in his 18 minute speech before immediately heading back to Camp David to continue his vacation.
Biden doesn’t take any questions because he’s not capable of it. If you watch him struggle through the speech you can see it in his eyes, there’s nothing behind, them no one is home & it’s likely that he took days off just to be able to muster the energy to get through that BS!
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) August 16, 2021
The Biden regime is scrambling to save face and alleviate the damage that was done as #BidenDisaster trends on Twitter and as the world reacts to the disastrous fall of Afghanistan at the hands of the Taliban. “Sending more than 5000 troops back in AFTER you withdrew a couple thousand of them is proof that you are disconnected from the reality on the ground and aren’t serious about protecting Americans,” tweeted former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
— Melissa Tate (@TheRightMelissa) August 16, 2021
As National File previously reported, President Donald Trump slammed Biden after his short speech about the Afghanistan disaster. “It’s not that we left Afghanistan. It’s the grossly incompetent way we left!” said President Trump. “Can anyone even imagine taking out our Military before evacuating civilians and others who have been good to our Country and who should be allowed to seek refuge? In addition, these people left topflight and highly sophisticated equipment. Who can believe such incompetence? Under my Administration, all civilians and equipment would have been removed,” the former President noted in a previous statement.