BREAKING: Facebook Blocks New York Post Story About BLM Founder Spending Millions On Luxury Homes

40

Facebook has blocked a New York Post story on BLM co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’s property-buying spree from being posted on its platform.

Last week, the New York Post revealed that Patrisse Khan-Cullors, one of the co-founders of the Black Lives Matter movement, had purchased four high-end properties worth millions of dollars. As the Post reported:

Covfefe Coffee

The self-described Marxist last month purchased a $1.4 million home on a secluded road a short drive from Malibu in Los Angeles, according to a report. The 2,370-square-foot property features “soaring ceilings, skylights and plenty of windows” with canyon views. The Topanga Canyon homestead, which includes two houses on a quarter-acre, is just one of three homes Khan-Cullors owns in the Los Angeles area, public records show.

The revelation led to anger among many on the left, who had perhaps come to the realisation that the millions of dollars raised by BLM may not have just gone into activism. Hawk Newsome, the head of Black Lives Matter in the Greater NYC area, said that there should be an “independent investigation” into how BLM spends its money “If you go around calling yourself a socialist, you have to ask how much of her own personal money is going to charitable causes,” he said. “It’s really sad because it makes people doubt the validity of the movement and overlook the fact that it’s the people that carry this movement.”

On Thursday, people started to realise that the New York Post story on Khan-Cullors was being blocked from posted on Facebook. Anyone attempting to share the post would be met with an error message, claiming that it goes against Facebook’s Community Standards. National File was able to independently confirm the blocking of the link in a number of tests, including on the Facebook timeline and within direct Messenger messages. No other New York Post stories are currently subject to the same restrictions on Facebook.

This isn’t the first time that Big Tech has cracked down on a viral New York Post story in an attempt to prevent it from gaining even more traction. In October last year, both Facebook and Twitter blocked the posting of the New York Post’s article that revealed emails and embarassing photos from Hunter Biden. Despite the fact this content came from his laptop which he had left at a repair shop, Twitter also suspended the Post’s account for the “distribution of hacked materials.”