Spain: Vegan Activists Caused Death of 100 Rabbits at Farm


Last Sunday, around a hundred rabbits died at Gurb Farm near Osono, Spain, after the property was ransacked by animal rights activists.

The vast majority of the rabbits which died were baby rabbits or ‘kits’ as most of the fourteen bunnies taken were pregnant or lactating mother rabbits.

Due to the stress of the assault, many mother rabbits suffered broken spines and miscarried their kits.

Five heavily pregnant mother rabbits died during the incident.

La Vanguardia reports that several rabbits suffered severed spinal injuries and miscarried due to stress.

The vet was forced to euthanize around 90 baby rabbits that were left without mothers while they were very young and vulnerable.

Earlier this week, The National File reported on a story concerning vegan activists complained on video after the owner of a rabbit farm fought back their unlawful entry.

As stated by the previous article:

Vegan activists stormed a Spanish rabbit farm this weekend, and were surprised when the farmers fought back when they attempted to steal their property.

A video posted to Twitter shows a British vegan activist with her face covered in blood, who goes on to detail why they are in such a state.

On the description of the original Instagram post, Mythical.Mia details what happened when they attempted to “rescue” 16 rabbits from the farm:

The farmer was extremely aggressive and attacked us, strangling activists and smashing their heads with metal poles. The police came and told us to leave peacefully, which we did. After we left the farmers chased us down the motorway at 200km for an hour. We tried to lose them down a side road but they were on our tails.

They blocked us into a dead end and surround the car with 5 other farmers’ cars. They were banging on the windows, shouting and threatening us. We called the police who arrived after an hour. They diffused the situation and escorted us to a ‘safe place’. We asked them to escort us home but they refused and said we would be okay.

They let us go and 10 minutes later back on the motorway one of their call pulled up alongside us and shot at us. The window exploded in my face and there was a lot of blood from all the glass. We’re currently at the hospital and waiting to go to the police station to report this crime.

It is believed the group organized the incursion on WhatsApp.