The SPLC and their reporters have gloated about the permanent ban of Nick Fuentes from Twitter following their hitpiece smearing him, taking credit for his suspension.
Nick Fuentes, the America First commentator and host of the weekly show “America First,” was permanently banned from Twitter on Friday, following hitpieces being published by both the ADL, the “Jewish special interest group,” and the SPLC, the far-left pressure group in recent days. As National File reported:
[The ADL’s hitpiece] was posted to Twitter within the hour just before his ban, claiming that he is a “white supremacist leader and organizer” who “traffics in disinformation and division.” In a statement, Fuentes said that “the ADL published a report on me and then I was permanently suspended hours later. That’s what happened,” adding that he would discuss his ban more later on his Telegram channel.
The Southern Poverty Law Center… attacked Twitter earlier this week over the fact that Fuentes was still on their platform, linking him to the Capitol Hill protests. In an email to the SPLC dated January 11th, Twitter admitted that they had not seen “enough violative content” from Fuentes to ban him at the time. “It’ll be interesting to see if the other people mentioned in the SPLC’s article about Twitter’s ’embrace’ of the far-right from two days ago end up getting banned too,” said Ashley Goldenberg, the conservative commentator who was banned from Twitter two years previously.
Following Fuentes’s ban, the SPLC, whose article was far more focused on Fuentes’s relationship and interactions on Twitter than the ADL’s hitpiece, claimed a victory and took credit for his permanent suspension. “Just TWO days after releasing our #TweetingHate analysis by Senior Investigative Reporter Michael Hayden: Twitter has suspended the account of white supremacist Nick Fuentes,” the SPLC tweeted. In an email to National File, Twitter refused to confirm whether the reports from the ADL and SPLC contributed to Fuentes’s ban.
— Southern Poverty Law Center (@splcenter) July 9, 2021
Hayden, who wrote the piece for the SPLC, bragged that Fuentes was “likely to lose significant traffic without Jack Dorsey’s help,” referencing previous comments from Fuentes that Twitter “helped him retain an audience” following deplatforming from other social media sites like YouTube and DLive. However, these comments were made before his own proprietory livestreaming site, AmericaFirst.Live, launched, and before he joined Banned.Video and Gab.TV. The comments from Hayden therefore are likely to be massively overstated.
Nick Fuentes has said explicitly that @Twitter‘s support helped him retain an audience after YouTube, DLive and others deplatformed him. (Read our analysis.)
He is likely to lose significant traffic without Jack Dorsey’s help: https://t.co/HyK8n2ve1p pic.twitter.com/EGbm3Pb0IY
— Michael Edison Hayden (@MichaelEHayden) July 9, 2021
“These Twitter bans used to matter. Not anymore,” noted Andrew Torba, the CEO of free speech social media platform Gab. “Nick has almost 70,000 followers on Gab, almost 40k on Telegram, and gets millions of views on Banned TV and Gab TV. He was smart and built his own live streaming platform that he can’t be banned from. He was smart and embraced alt tech early before this happened. Be like Nick, be smart.”
In the hitpiece from the SPLC, Todd O’Boyle, a senior manager of public policy at Twitter encouraged them to join their Partner Support Portal program, which allows users to make direct requests to Twitter to censor tweets they find offensive. A recent lawsuit revealed tweets may be taken down within days following a request via this program. It is unclear whether the SPLC took Twitter up on their offer to join the program. National File has contacted Twitter for comment, and will update this article if and when there is a reply.